Pediatric Occupational Therapy is one of our core services at Developmental Rehab Services, Inc. With our licensed team of Pediatric Occupational Therapists, we can help children develop the skills and knowledge that they need to be successful during socialization, play, and as they perform activities of daily living.
Ultimately, the goal of our occupational therapy service is to help your child improve and develop their abilities and skills in areas such as: Motor Development – Fine and Gross Motor Skills, Self Help / Adaptive Development, Sensory Processing, Social Interaction, and Play.
Occupational Therapy can be beneficial for children and young adults with:
- Difficulty with age-appropriate self-help skills (i.e. bathing, dressing)
- Social interaction difficulties
- Stiff, uncoordinated, or weak movements
- Poor balance skills
- Poor organizational skills
- Frequent emotional outbursts or “meltdowns”
- Difficulty tolerating touch
- Awkward grasp or clumsy use utensils and other tools
- Difficulties with feeding
- Difficulty regulating activity level
To learn more about our pediatric occupational therapy services, get in touch with us at 281-786-4234. For a comprehensive evaluation of your child, we invite you to Set An Appointment at your earliest convenience.